The entire state of Victoria will enter a snap 5-day lockdown tonight, meaning there are only five reasons to leave home from 11:59pm on Thursday 15 of July 2021.
Here are the rules that apply:
Stay at home unless:
- shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day, a support person can accompany if required)
- caregiving or compassionate reasons
- authorised work or permitted education, or work interstate
- exercise (up to two hours, with one other person or members of your household)
- receive a vaccination
- other specifed reasons (specific exemptions apply)
- to return home
- to access necessary goods and services where those goods and services cannot be accessed closer than 5kms from home.
- to visit an intimate partner
- to visit a person in your “single bubble”
- allowed to travel for authorised work and permitted education
- work at an interstate location (where permitted by another state)
- care and compassionate reasons (specific exemptions apply)
- must be carried at all times
- must be worn indoors and outdoors except if at home, or when visiting an intimate partner’s place of residence or if an exemption applies
Private + Public gatherings:
Not permitted, intimate partner visits / single bubble permitted
If you can work from home, you must work from home.
Trades and construction workers that were considered essential workers in previous lockdowns, will be allowed to work under the same conditions and using the same safety precautions.
Read the full Victorian Government press release here which includes a list of authorised work and workers.