Yesterday, Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Minister for Customer Service Victor Dominello launched a new online tool to help NSW businesses check, test and promote their COVID Safe credentials.
NSW Government’s online COVID Safe Check is a tool to help businesses ensure the right measures are in place for the safety of their staff and customers. On the website, you will find industry-specific COVID-19 safety plans health and safety measures as outlined by NSW Health.
“We have put industry-specific information under the one roof, including downloadable badges for businesses with COVID Safe plans to display in their premises, so customers know they have the tick of approval.”
To become a COVID are business you will complete three steps:
1. COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Download the relevant COVID safe Safety Plan Template OR
- create your own plan using the checklist of recommended actions
The templates and checklist are very handy as a starting point as they cover relevant advice across hygiene and safety, physical distancing and staff wellbeing. Helping you isolate which obligations you need to meet depending on how your business works and interacts with customers.
2. Register as a COVID Safe Business
Once you have created your safety plan you can register as a COVID safe business. Once registered you will be able to access:
- Digital COVID Safe badge for use on Google and social channels
- posters on safety and hygiene
- reports on how your customers rate your business safety
If your business has multiple premises, you will need to register each premise separately.
3. Promote your COVID safe credentials
Once you have completed steps one and two it’s time to:
- Share your COVID-19 safety plan with staff
- Train new staff on COVID Safe measures
- Download posters or digital badges to display in your business or business website and social media
- Keep up to date with COVID-19 rules and restrictions
“Businesses will also be provided with advice on how to integrate their COVID Safe status with Google Maps, giving customers a bird’s-eye view of COVID Safe businesses when searching online. This gives them peace of mind and an incentive for businesses to register.”
Customers will also be able to leave feedback on how your business is providing a COVID safe environment via the URL featured on the posters. This information will be kept private but will be monitored by the NSW regulatory office who oversees business registration and provided to your business as reports on how your customers rate your business safety.
Unless you are required to complete a COVID safety plan under the public health order, doing so is completely voluntary. It is a great way to show your team and customers that you are taking every measure possible to ensure their safety and build their confidence in using your services.
You can complete the COVID Safe Check at www.nsw.gov.au